Egypt’s ministry of health has confirmed a case of the coronavirus, but has not officially reported it.
The ministry said the death of a 14-year-old girl in the Nile Delta province of Luxor has been confirmed as an Ebola-related case.
The girl was found on Friday morning in a pool of blood in the house of a relative, said a statement from the ministry.
The Ministry of Health said the girl was “at a low risk of infection with Ebola”.
The ministry is working with the WHO and the World Health Organization to establish an effective strategy to contain the spread of the virus.
The WHO has previously issued a warning that the virus poses a threat to health workers in the Middle East.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said that it will consider a recommendation from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the use of masks and protective clothing for health workers who work in remote areas in Africa should be extended.
The CDC said on Monday that it has raised the Ebola risk to new levels after it said that the number of cases in West Africa had more than doubled to 3,000 from 6,000.
It said it was concerned about the possibility of the current epidemic spreading in areas of Africa where there are very few healthcare workers.